mwb45
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

SP87751.exe Bios Flash not working for recovery

HP Recommended
HP Sprout Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have caused a problem when upgrading my bios and my Sprout is not recovering but goes through an endless loop

I am trying to create a flash stick to recover the bios from but my windows10 PCs and WinXP (not HP) will not execute the file

Please advise how I can create the flashstick with this bios if my sprout is not booting

Many thanks

Martin 

2 REPLIES 2
mwb45
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After Bios update that faile unable to recover previous version due to inability to open Bios Image

Dear Sprout community:

I have updated the sprout bios after my image capture kept on crashing ( I suspect the constant windows 10 updates bring in conflicts) this failed and it has been stuck in a recovery loop punctuated by loud beeps

I have downloaded a number of previous image versions based on my serial number and have been trying start recovery with WIndows and B but this leads to a screen that says the Bios image could not be opened and there is only the option to continue startup which then restarts beeps and brings me back to this screen

I can see the boot screen offereing to enter the boot menu with Esc but this doesnot seem to be accessible.

Initially they would not run but I have solved this by running them in windows 8 compatibility mode

My questions are as follows

1) Does the memory stick exceed a critical size (8gb)

2) is there a manual option where I can point the bios recovery to the intendet file

Many thanks for your help

Martin 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mwb45
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have resolved this problem by running it in windows 10 - windows 8 compatibility mode

The stick however does not fix my bios - see other post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation