Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 22-c0039 All In One Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP 22-c0039 All In One Desktop computer I purchased 4 months ago.  

Could someone let me know what is best for the computer's health ~ to do a SHUTDOWN at day's end or leave the computer on?  I don't use my computer after 10 pm and have my computer's screen set to always shut off after 30 min's.  Thanks so much.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I always turn off my PC's at night.

It saves electricity and wear and tear.

This article provides some reasons why you should, or shouldn't.

https://lifehacker.com/is-it-bad-to-shut-down-my-computer-regularly-or-leave-i-5940176

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

I always turn off my PC's at night.

It saves electricity and wear and tear.

This article provides some reasons why you should, or shouldn't.

https://lifehacker.com/is-it-bad-to-shut-down-my-computer-regularly-or-leave-i-5940176

HP Recommended

For years I set my desktop so it would not shut down or hibernate.  That was before Windows 10 and SSD drives and it took about 3-5 minutes for my desktop to load and be functional. With the way these modern units function and startup with 30 seconds or less, there is little reason to not shutdown at night, or at least have it hibernate.

But it is still user preference.  I let mine hibernate, now but I would not even allow that, before.  I still want my computer to function when I sit down, so rarely shut down unless I will be gone for a day or more.

But it is how you use the computer and how inpatient you are.  Most of those AIO's start pretty fast.  I see from the spec page that model does not have a SSD, but should still be pretty fast on startup, unless you have installed allot of software/hardware to needs to load.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks so much, Paul, for replying to my post so promptly.  Your advice sounds spot on!  

HP Recommended

Excellent advice, Old Man, thanks ever so much and Happy New Year!  

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

You are welcome

Happy New Year

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.