Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 7 (555 Views)

Sleep will not wake

Product Name: Pavilion slimline
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
My computer will go into sleep mode (sleep, hibernate, and all power off settings in the power setting are disabled) and it will not wake up. Preform a hard reboot and it beeps once every second without getting through post. Leave it alone for a few days and it's fine boots as normal. Last for a day or two then happens again. Any one got any ideas?
0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 7 (509 Views)

Re: Sleep will not wake

[ Edited ]

Hi @Cbwesson, and thank you for your post.

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your computer is not waking properly from sleep. I am happy to help with this.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

For now and assuming that you are using Windows 10, give this a try: HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8), and let me know how it goes.

I look forward to seeing your response, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 3 of 7 (490 Views)

I am sad to say that this did not help. As stated in my original post I am using Windows 7 (32bit) and using a pavilion slimline desktop product number "KJ309AA#ABA" it is set to never sleep or never hibernate yet it goes into sleep mode and will not wake. Power it off let it sit for a few mins and restart... Beeps once per second and does not post, or anything. Leave it alone for a few days and then it works fine for a day or two.
Retired
Message 4 of 7 (478 Views)

That was a little whoops on my part. The tool we use does not show the header information, so normally I open the forum post separately to check it out, and it looks like I didn't this time. Maybe I needed more coffee. Smiley Wink 

For Windows 7 take a look through these over the sleep issue.. There may be a setting that needs to be adjusted

HP PCs - Troubleshooting sleep and hibernate issues (Windows 7)

HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Resolving Problems with Sleep Mode (Windows 7)

The not starting issue is actually a greater concern, especially as you are getting a beep pattern. Please read through this document carefully: HP PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 7).

This page is also going to be useful to you, HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code but go with the Computer Does not start process first.

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Top Student
Message 5 of 7 (464 Views)

Still no resolution for the sleep issue as of yet still researching along the lines suggested. But another question... I upgraded from vista to 7. I just tried to upgrade the bios(just to see if it would help) with the update (apr 1 2015)(original bios is 2007) from the hp site for my system. Came up saying that my system "does not meet minimum requirements installation cancled(error 99989)" any idea way?
Retired
Message 6 of 7 (451 Views)

Looking at your model the only drivers are for Windows Vista. The BIOS update may require Windows Vista, for installation.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Message 7 of 7 (432 Views)

That makes sense. I'll see if I can rollback to vista and see if it helps with both issues. Didn't even think of that till just this minute. I fell dumb about that one I SHOULD know better
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation