Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-0000i (8BG56AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I've been having frequent restarts and I'm not sure why. I did a system scan, and everything came up fine, but the issue is still occurring. I don't get a blue screen, there's no error message. The restarts are completely random and unprompted and makes schoolwork frustratingly hard. I've done so much troubleshooting and I've gotten no luck at all... I even upgraded the Bios and I still left with no luck....

I have an antivirus and everything comes up clean. I'm starting to think this is a Hardware issue, but I really don't know anymore. 🤔

I will try to provide information if needed, but I'm not all that tech savvy, so I hope you can cut me some slack here.

If anyone has any helpful tips or possible fixes, I will be very thankful!

Thanks for reading!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

Your PC may be configured to restart when there is a driver, system file, or hardware problem. You can change this behavior to see a bluescreen which may provide additional information.

Open Settings. Select About when in the System tab. Select Advanced system settings.

Now select Startup and Recovery. Under System failure uncheck Automatically restart.

You can check hardware by restarting the PC. Tap "ESC". Select "F2". Run all tests.

Check Windows system files by opening an administrative command prompt. Enter command prompt in search. Right click on the search result. Select run as administrator.

Enter or copy/paste the following command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

After the test completes run the next command:

sfc /scannow

You can also check component temps using HWiNFO, free, at this site https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ 

Download the portable version. Check CPU core, MB, graphics, memory, and drive temps.

HP Recommended

I apologize for the late reply, I have been busy and haven't had time to do anything.

I tried 2 of the things you stated, and I had no luck.

I first checked the hardware and did a complete scan, and no anomalies were found, everything came out clean.

After that I did the command, you kindly provided me, and it didn't detect any issues.

I don't know if I am able to be helped outside of a physical examination of the machine, but it's rather odd that nothing is being recognized by the extensive scans I've done...

I haven't had the time to do anything else, but I'll let you know if anything goes well.

Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it!  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.