Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hewlett Packard Desktop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My desktop is constantly typing "+" without stopping.  The keyboard is not the issue, it still happens when disconnected.  I have swapped out the keyboard as well.  I have activated Filter Keys in Keyboard setting to stop the repeat "+" but every keystroke is followed by a "+"  .  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Sound strange like a USB port problem.

I do not have a system like yours but possibly the following might work

Bring up the BIOS and if possible disable the FRONT USB ports and leave the BACK USB ports enabled.  If that does not work then do the opposite.

ie: try to disable the port that is causing the problem with your usb keyboard.

OTOH if the problem only occurs in windows then  add a new user and log in using the new username and see if the problem goes away.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community
I am a community volunteer and not work for HP.
If you find this post useful click the YES button
If I helped solve your problem please mark this as a solution.

HP Recommended

Thanks BeemerBiker for taking the trouble to answer my query.

I am an IT novice.  I not sure its the ports thats the issue and I dont know how to bring up the BIOS to follow your instructions.

What I did do is uninstall the keyboard drivers, rebooted and they were automatically re-installed.  This did the trick, BUT the next day the problem came back.  Would this provide a clue as to my next step? Many thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.