Level 1
10 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

System Crash

HP Recommended
Pavilion 590
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Helping a friend with a dead Pavilion 590.  I build my own system and have for years for my business. So I am go with ground up building but that is different from store machines.

Power went out and the computer would not run. It showed a screen that said "recovery, needs to be repaired" F11 recovery did not work, just went back to same screen. Made a W10 boot flash drive and tried to do repair - falied.

Though the bios might have hickuped so I went in to use default bios. OOOps, that was a mistake. Now have red screen "secure boot violation. Check secure boot policy in setup"

Did a drive test and both drives quick test good. 

What to do?

How do I fix boot violation?

Prior to this I was going to reinstall W10, but it showed several partitions. Wasn't sure if  I should just delete all and start over.

Will trade toilet paper for correct answers.

1 REPLY 1
Ocoee1
Author
Level 1
10 4 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update, found secure boot, fixed that. 

Running repair from flash, waiting to see if that does anything, second try.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation