Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (89 Views)

System - Failed - Q0E3MT-7K08KD-GXPSL1-608F03

Product Name: Envy23

System  -  Failed  -  Q0E3MT-7K08KD-GXPSL1-608F03  -  4/19/2017 This is the code I am receiving. I have had no luck finding out what is wrong. If it is a bad hard drive I am pretty upset. I have never ever had to replace a hard drive and that fact that HP will charge me to speak to support since my warranty has expired! Pretty sad. Plus when I diagnosed it on my computer it doesn't say hey your hard drive is dying you need to replace it. Plus my crystal disk program is saying its good. I am so confused about what is going on with this desktop. Its only 2 years old!

Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 3 (72 Views)

Re: System - Failed - Q0E3MT-7K08KD-GXPSL1-608F03

Can you remove the disk-drive from your computer, and connect it as a "slave" disk-drive in some other computer.

Then, Google-search for "download free SPECCY".

Download/install/run SPECCY, expand the "Storage" section, and expand the section for that "slave" disk-drive, and check the S.M.A.R.T. monitoring.  If everything is "good", then that "slave" disk-drive is good, and your problem is "elsewhere".

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor
Message 3 of 3 (70 Views)

Re: System - Failed - Q0E3MT-7K08KD-GXPSL1-608F03

If that other computer (temporarily connected to that "slave" disk-drive) is an HP computer that is still under warranty, and you get the same failure-code, will HP charge you to talk to them?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation