cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Mastri00
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

System Restore to factory settings.

HP Recommended
Z220 CMT Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Model: Hp Z220 CMT Workstation

I'm trying restore my computer to the factory settings. I have pressed ESC repeatedly during the start up of the computer. Select System Restore, but the computer just hoot to Windows Screen. I cannot login to the windows because the are some error when loading the windows.

Is there any other way for me to restore the system to its factory setting with a clean Windows 7?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 5,264 577 1,231
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> is there a way for me to get the Recovery Disk? 

Two ways:

1. from a working Windows system, running the same version (32-bit? 64-bit?) you can burn a "Recovery Disk";

2. find a friend with a "retail" Windows 7 Operating System DVD (be sure it's the same 32 or 64 bit as your system), and borrow the DVD from him/her, or get him/her to burn a copy of it.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 5,264 577 1,231
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you have the "retail" Windows 7 Operating System disk, insert it.

Shutdown your computer.

Turn the computer on, and read the on-screen instructions on how to either "temporarily change the boot device", or "select a boot device".

Select the DVD drive.

It will start to load Windows from the DVD.

Choose "English", and click 'Next'.

The next screen will have a clickable option to "repair Windows".

Click it, and one of the options that will pop-up will be "System Restore",

i.e., restore your computer's system-files to the way that it was a few days ago.

Then, remove the DVD disk, and reboot, and see if "System Restore" has "time-warped" your copy of Windows back to a time when it booted normally.

Mastri00
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank You for the reply.

But the problem is that I don't have any recovery disk. That why I was trying to restore the system through the System Restore Manager.

Also, is there a way for me to get the Recovery Disk?
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 5,264 577 1,231
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> is there a way for me to get the Recovery Disk? 

Two ways:

1. from a working Windows system, running the same version (32-bit? 64-bit?) you can burn a "Recovery Disk";

2. find a friend with a "retail" Windows 7 Operating System DVD (be sure it's the same 32 or 64 bit as your system), and borrow the DVD from him/her, or get him/her to burn a copy of it.

Mastri00
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank You for the quick reply.

I don't know that I could use other Window 7 OS DVD to install and restore my system. I just key in my Product Key and it works.

Thank You.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation