Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp 750-114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been experiencing Blue SOD frequently (at least once per week, sometimes daily, occasionally 2 x a day) randomly since November 2016 , usually while working thru wireless VPN.  The shutdown is only a few minutes and system comes back up.  I have had several computer techs service with no success - after service will not experience issue for about a week, then it returns.  I work from home and this is extremely disruptive!  Can anyone assist me with a solution?  Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @syd60,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the computer gets a blue screen error, However, since you haven’t captured the error code or message, I would request you to follow the below steps to capture and reply back with the error message/code to identify the issue and find a permanent fix:

* In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

* In the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.

* Under System Failure, remove the check mark next to automatically restart, and then click OK.

* Restart the computer to apply the change.

* The computer no longer restarts automatically when a blue screen error occurs.

For more details: click here

Please reply back with the error code as the issue is code specific and it would be rather easier to provide an accurate solution using the same.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Reply for further assistance as well.

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding @Jeet_singh,

I apologize for not sending the specific error messages!  They are...

-System Service Exception

-System Thread Exception Not Handled

-Kmode Exception Not Handled

Most of the time it is the first two, only twice did I receive the Kmode Exception Not Handled.

Any assistance is most appreciated!  Thanks!

HP Recommended

@syd60

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the computer doesn't seem to work normally due to the BSOD error messages  you've mentioned,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help, however, to provide an accurate solution, I need a few more details:

When was the last time it worked without these issues? have you attempted a system restore to an earlier time?

Have you attempted to update the windows to resolve these issues?

In the meantime, Click here to resolve most BSOD issues. (If you get to step 5, please revert back with the hardware test results as well).

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The lastime it worked without the bsod was Friday, 2/10/17. I am currently having the system restored, windows has been updated several times. Hopefully the restore will be successful. Thank you for your assistance! 

HP Recommended

Hi @syd60,

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.