Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Window10 Home Single
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello Team,

I am trying to download the free games from Microsoft store. System is asking to register first and while registering system is showing error that serial number is assigned to multiple devices and asking for product number. When I entered the product number system is showing error as invalid product number. Kindly help how to register myself for downloading free games from microsoft store installed in my hp laptop.

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
this seems to be more of a problem with microsoft, or the developer of this game.
Therefore, there is certainly not much we can do here, since the problem is linked to this 'registering'
So what is this game, a link ??

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello,

For downloading the games, I need to add the device with my email id (registered with microsoft store). For adding the device with email id, I am entering the serial number of this HP laptop. System is throwing error message " We couldnt identify the serial number of this laptop.

So its definitely a laptop issue and not for games.

HP Recommended

strange, that one is obliged to give the serial number of his computer.
Give me the link for this game, so I can try at least!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello,

There is no link as such. These are free games in Microsoft store.Not sure why its not taking the serial no.

HP Recommended

Apologies for jumping in unannounced.

@Sunil0702 

It might be the "laptop".

Having to register your device serial number for a free game is perhaps common.

On the other hand, having to provide private information for something "free" is not usually a good idea.

Personally, I think you should avoid the practice of giving out your computer's serial number to people you don't know.

We cannot help with game play nor should we check on unknown store applications for you.

You may certainly ask a friend to test with his computer.  I don't recommend that, but it is an option.

=====================================================================

What to do?

If you believe the serial number on your computer is actually incorrect, that is a far different question. 

Serial number concerns cannot be answered in the Community, though I could direct an inquiry to the Moderators.

NOTE:  Moderators and agents will NOT check on Microsoft games for you.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Good if you cannot give the link, give the name of the game and all possible information in order to find it!
however, I can give you an example of a microsoft site link:

https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/p/roblox/9nblgggzm6wm?cid=msft_web_chart&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.