Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

THE DIFFERANCE BETWEEN COMMERCIAL COMPUTER AND INDUSTRIAL ONE

Dear Sir/Madam,

According to my last  post, as we had several meetings recently, whether to replace the industrial computer in the substations by commercial types for economoc savings reason, I wonder if there is any special priviledges by the industrial computer which distinguishes it from commercial one meanwhile it is requisite for the high voltage substations.
In other words,I am investigating to find features which can not be supported by commercial types at the same time are  essential for such an environment .
Thank you for your kind cooperation in advance.

Best Regards,
F.Zabihi
1 REPLY 1
Dean
Dean
11043 11018 575 1624
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

THE DIFFERANCE BETWEEN COMMERCIAL COMPUTER AND INDUSTRIAL ONE

> I am investigating to find features which can not be supported by commercial types at the same time are  essential for such an environment .

I don't think that the difference is "features" of the software , but in the quality of the construction for an "always-on" environment:

* rugged fans and cooling and air-filtering for a "dusty" environment,

* tolerance of power fluctuations,

* thicker casing, for resistance to ambient electrical fields in a high-voltage substation,

* redundant power-supplies,

* capability of remote monitoring,

and so on.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation