Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

[Personal Information Removed]

PLS FIND THE SERIAL NUMBER NOT SHOWING IN HP WARRENTY WEBSITE

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @8CC1300YSC,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

If your HP laptop's time and date are changing automatically, there could be several reasons for this issue. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix the problem.

• Check your time zone: If your laptop's time zone is not set correctly, it could cause the time and date to change automatically. To check your time zone, go to the "Date and Time" settings and make sure the correct time zone is selected.
  • Check your internet connection: If your laptop is connected to the internet, it may be synchronizing its time with an online time server. If your internet connection is unstable or unreliable, it may cause the time and date to change intermittently. Make sure your internet connection is stable and try resetting your router or modem.
  • Update your operating system: Sometimes, a software bug or glitch can cause the time and date to change automatically. Make sure your HP laptop's operating system is up-to-date with the latest software updates and patches.
  • Replace the CMOS battery: The CMOS battery is a small battery that provides power to the system clock when the laptop is turned off. If the CMOS battery is running low or has failed, it could cause the time and date to change automatically. You may need to replace the battery to fix the issue.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.