Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-in-One - 24-b010a (Touch)vilion 65XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

after updating to windows 10 wasn't able to get my touch screen working again. tried updating driver, bios etc but there so many options in there i dont know what i should be downloading. hp diagnostics  dosnt show touch screen in f2 menu windows dosnt see it neither. can any one help me get it working again. i also tried to do factrory default but recovery partition didnt load

need help please

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ffdunewar

Welcome to HP support community.

Let’s start with performing a hard reset to release any excessive static/power that could have caused the issue: 

To perform a hard reset on a computer with a removable battery, use the following steps: 

1. Turn off the computer. 

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station. 

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers. 

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer. 

5. Remove the battery from the battery compartment. 

6. Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory. 

7. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices. 

8. Press the Power button to turn on the computer. 

9. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key. 

10. After reconnecting each of the peripheral devices, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers. 

Second, enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager: 

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager. 

2. Expand the Human Interface Devices heading. 

3. The touch screen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device. 

4. If the option to enable the device is included in the menu, click Enable. 

If the Enable option does not appear in the menu, continue to the next step: 

1. Reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager 

2. Install Windows updates 

3. Update the BIOS and graphics driver 

4. Configure the touch display 

5. Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI 

6. Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen 

7. Reset your computer 

8. Perform a Microsoft System Restore 

9. Perform an HP System Recovery 

Click here to know: How to perform each step. 

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried all you listed before I posted on this forum. I have since taken back for warranty repair and is probably getting replaced

HP Recommended

@ffdunewar

Good to know that it is getting replaced.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.