Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavillion slim 400
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

i did a reset and I lost Microsoft office and the sound. I remeber before there was a way to reset to a prvious day. I cant find that 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Retired_Mama 

Sorry, but there has never been a way to reset a Windows PC to a previous point in time.

There is something known as System Restore -- but that is misunderstood and has been misrepresented.

Folks think it acts like a time machine, but it does not; instead, when you perform Windows Update, Microsoft saves off the current system files that are being updated, replaced, or removed.  That collection of stuff is known as  Restore Point.

Later, you can return run System Restore and choose a Restore Point -- but it does not set the PC back in time.  All it really does is overwrite the current operating system files with the ones stored on that Restore Point.

Personal data is never saved in a Restore Point.  So, if you created a file two days ago, erased it yesterday, and then ran System Restore, pointing it to two days ago -- it would not restore that file.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.