Rodville407
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

UEFI Firmware update for HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q128

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q128
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows Device Manager is telling me to update the system firmware. I tried the let windows update for me with no luck. I got the hardware id out of properties and googled it to find out it is for the UEFI firmware but all the drivers and downloads page has is two BIOS files and both of those tell me they were not made for my system. How do I update this to get rid of the yellow triangle in device manager and have Windows Defender stop telling me my device is unprotected because of the security processor?

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,386 30,293 2,764 6,692
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Rodville407 

I have found Windows Defender to be such an annoyance that I have gone out of my way to write scripts to disable it on all my PCs.  I was getting at least one "hit" a day on stuff that I knew was not infected -- and despite disabling the real time monitoring, I still could not get it to shut up.

PLUS -- in typical Microsoft fashion, I would disable it to shut it up and the next day or so, it was back with the same notifications!

If there are no BIOS updates on the HP product page for your PC, this is just Windows Defender being a pest -- and unfortunately, I know of no way to shut it up permanently.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation