Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0024 in Dec 2019 however, didn't take it out of the box and put it into service until Feb. 2, 2020. I was not aware that the warranty had expired (shame on me) and as a result of being out of warranty  I can not speak with HP support live to ask for a YES or NO answer to the question: IF I purchase the USB KIT that is available for my machine, will it solve my problem that I believe was created with an automatic update. The Machine worked well until Saturday afternoon, April 4, 2020 when an automatic update was performed and afterwards a BLUE SCREEN appeared with "Video_TDR_Failure What failed: qtikmpaq.sys". I then attempted to reset the machine to out of box condition to remedy the situation & I have failed miserably (shame on me). This is the first time I have been unable to reset / restore a computer & have run into such problems. Now Windows will not boot from Hard drive after numerous attempts to reset the machine to out of the box factory condition I now get the error message "C:|Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop in unavaiable". I cannot speak with live support to inquire what I should do at this point. If I purchase a USB System Recovery Kit for $59.95 plus shipping will that restore the machine to out of box condition? Or what should I attempt to do @ this point? Any comments will be very much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
sorry maybe i make a mistake, but:
I purchased an HP Pavilion 690-0024 desktop computer in December 2019, but did not take it out of the box and put into service until February 2, 2020.
A pc is generally guaranteed for one year
If purchased in December 2019, then January 2020, February 2020, March 2020 and there April 2020 ..
It's been less than 5 months, right?
As for the reinstall system don't buy anything, try this:

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi, @CJM4 

I also recommend that you contact HP support and have your PC's warranty start and end dates adjusted.

If you bought the PC in December of 2019, and have the invoice, you can have HP adjust the warranty period accordingly.

We are no longer allowed to post the phone number to HP support directly anymore due to a bunch of spammers/scammers posting numbers claiming to be for HP support.

You can call HP customer service at the link below, first toll free number listed in large type.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=hp+toll+free+number&form=PRUSEN&pc=EUPP_&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1...

HP Recommended

Thanks you for your response, I'll give your suggestions a try.

Point of Clarification: I  purchase the machine in Dec. 2018, I didn't take it out of the box and set it up until Feb 2,202. approx: 13.5  months after it was purchased not realizing the warranty started at the date of purchase but rather the date of registration. (MY BAD)

HP Recommended

Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) 

• Failed........did not work
  • Details From the recovery attempt log :
  • [RegistryDevicesCheck]
    Result=FAILED

FAILED DEVICE #0:
    Description : AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics
    PNPDeviceID : PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_15DD&SUBSYS_8433103C&REV_C6\4&98C7E10&0&0041
    Code : [43]

HP Recommended

System restore HELP NEEDED

Pavilion Model: 690-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

From my latest recovery attempt using HP Cloud recovery

[RegistryDevicesCheck]
Result=FAILED

FAILED DEVICE #0:
Description : AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics
PNPDeviceID : PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_15DD&SUBSYS_8433103C&REV_C6\4&98C7E10&0&0041
Code : [43]

What else can I try

HP Recommended

It should be understood that the reinstallation is not carried out ??
From what you indicate in the two messages, there seems to be a problem with the graphics chip !!
I will therefore have proposed to withdraw the card and start again.
But from what is indicated on the product page, this does not seem possible!
https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-690-0000-pc-series/19769765/model/22909853/d...
The Sunflower motherboard does not support integrated graphics.

Take a test from the microsoft tool:

https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/software-download/windows10

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.