cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

USB type c connector charging from multiple USB ports may have limited support pop up

HP Recommended
Elitedesk
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I keep on getting pop ups saying

"USB type c connector

Charging from multiple USB ports may have limited support pop up"

Every minute.

The issue I am having is I cannot get it to stop and I am not using anything in the USB Type C port.

Can someone please help me stop this pop-up?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found the file location by opening Task Manager after the popup came up (and while it was still open), and right-clicking on the HPUsbConfiguration program and then selecting Open File Location.

There was a file called HPUsbConfiguration.exe which I renamed to HPUsbConfiguration.old.exe

This seems to have worked.

Edit: It didn't work

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation