cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_MACKBMT
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Unable install Windows 10 or Change raid setting in BIOS.

HP Recommended

Had to replace hard rive on my all in one 24-xa0053.  bios setting is in raid and i cannot change it.. When installing Windows 10 i get error windows cannot install drive.  System also as intel optane drive

2 REPLIES 2
Hibb1
Level 6
463 463 38 87
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@J_MACKBMT  It's in RAID because of the Optane. You can 'break' the optane array if you want, but then the system will only use the mechanical HDD. I'd suggest keeping it the way it is, and try making a new HP recovery USB from here: https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06162205

Then boot off the USB stick by tapping F9 when you turn the PC on, select the UEFI USB Stick and follow the prompts from there. NOTE: - The recovery will wipe BOTH the optane & mechanical HDD.

0 Kudos
J_MACKBMT
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Worked perfectly.  Thank you so mucH!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation