2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Unable to activate MS Office account post windows recovery

HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Team,

Seeking your help to resolve my laptop issue. 

I purchased an HP laptop before 3 years, windows 10 64bit, MS Office Home and student 2016 license. Recently I performed windows recovery due to some issues. Post recovery, windows got installed however I am not able to activate MS Office, it says i need to use the same email ID which I used to activate it first time whereas I am using the same account rather I do have a single mail account. 

I checked with HP support as well as Microsoft support but they couldn't help me. Need assistance from the community.

Is there any other way to activate the account.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,552 33,451 3,044 7,497
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nikhil27 

Sorry, but we have no way at all of helping you with this.

As indicated, your version of MS Office was activated using a product key you got via email.  If you have lost that email, you will have to contact Microsoft to see if they will resend it to you.  We have no way of doing that for you.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation