Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion tg01-1070m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got my new desktop and within the first hour it had blue screened and froze/crashed multiple times. so i decided to reinstall windows. I used the restore option and waited for 5-6 hours but the screen was off, no signal at all so I turned off the computer. which corrupted my windows install. I've tried to install windows from a usb multiple times but  It pulls up the windows logo and will do about a half circle before going black and doing that about 2-3 times before infinitely loading. I've also tried using Linux to see if that would install, but I get errors every time. I've tried every port and even 3 different usbs. I don't know what to do at this point. 

I also contacted customer support and did all the trouble shooting steps they suggested before landing on reinstalling windows. Which as I've said doesn't work. 

And advice would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Chicken7272 

You're certainly free to run the diagnostics as @Prométhée suggested if you want to troubleshoot this yourself.

But if this was mine, I had paid good money and within hours, the laptop failed on me -- I would be contacting HP to return it and get a full refund! 

HP does not provide links for phone support in the US because of Scammers that were harvesting those numbers, calling customers, and charging them money for services they did not need.

To get a phone number, you have to go to the HP site listed below, create a support case, and after that, HP will provide contact information, possibly including a phone number. That link is not going to let you create a support ticket if your warranty has expired -- because HP does not provide phone support outside of the warranty period.

US contact link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

hi

Have you done the tests?

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Chicken7272 

You're certainly free to run the diagnostics as @Prométhée suggested if you want to troubleshoot this yourself.

But if this was mine, I had paid good money and within hours, the laptop failed on me -- I would be contacting HP to return it and get a full refund! 

HP does not provide links for phone support in the US because of Scammers that were harvesting those numbers, calling customers, and charging them money for services they did not need.

To get a phone number, you have to go to the HP site listed below, create a support case, and after that, HP will provide contact information, possibly including a phone number. That link is not going to let you create a support ticket if your warranty has expired -- because HP does not provide phone support outside of the warranty period.

US contact link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

hi

Hello
yes, indeed @WAWood  but this is not intended to repair the computer
But just to check, if at least it doesn't indicate a hard drive problem for example
The user can thus save time with the support, since it is enough just to indicate to them the result.
The support may very well ask you to carry out some manipulations, verification , before taking charge of the request!
We can also in some cases, if not purchased from HP, return it directly to its seller, immediate refund depending on the date of purchase!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Chicken7272 -- I got my new desktop

In addition to what @WAWood wrote, which is good advice, from where did you purchase it?

That store should have a "seven days - no questions asked - money-back guarantee", to exchange it.

HP Recommended

I have run the diagnostics and it's passed. 

HP Recommended

I bought it directly from hp, I didn't want to send it back if I could fix the problem. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it. this was my last resort before asking for a refund or to get a replacement. Thank you for your advice.

HP Recommended

hi

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

have you tested, and tried this to reinstall?

you have done all the full tests?, curious, you get stuck if everything is ok, however

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I ran a full diagnostic, took like 3 hours. None of the hardware is broken apparently. I've tried installing windows and linux from a usb but I get black screen. or it gets stuck every time. I've even tried different usb sticks using different file formats. I don't know if it's a hardware issue or a software one. (Also its a desktop) and the hp cloud recovery tool doesn't work with my model.

HP Recommended

Curious, you're out of luck.
the computer is new, however ..
he says that not compatible?
What is the product number P / N

There it will be necessary to make a reason, and to make it take charge, I think

Emoticone et smiley étonné tombe

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.