1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Update Windows 10 2004 on HP Compaq 8100 CMT

HP Recommended
HP Compaq Elite 8100 CMT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi
I upgraded the operating system to windows 10 ver 2004 twice and after restarting the pc at the end of the installation the PC shows the black video and the fan goes at maximum
The desktop Bios is the latest available on the HP website ver 1.13
To make the Desktop work I had to restore the operating system to version 1909 and set windows updates by postponing them by 7 days in 7 days
Can anyone help me if the problem is on the hardware (BIOS) or windows
I have already escalated to Microsoft and they advised me to ask also HP

Thanks and regards

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,554 33,453 3,044 7,497
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tommaso21 

From what I can find, HP does not provide Win10 drivers for that model PC -- so it is a wonder that Win10 v19.09 even works on it.  MS ups the hardware requirements with each new six-month version, they just don't provide us the details, and every time, some PCs that USED to work just fine, no longer work or have serious issues.

I have a desktop (non-HP) that works find under v19.09 and has serious issues with v20.04 -- so I restored it from an image backup after I got fedup trying to make it work in v20.04.

I don't actually use this model, so someone else here with actual experience may come along and provide you some advice on how to correct the issues, but until then, I would stay with v10.09 -- as MS is STILL providing updates for that version.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation