Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Upgrade HP omen 880 100na

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 880 100 na

Looking to upgrade my Gaming Pc.  Where do I start 

the omen pc 880 100 na has  1060 3 GB . 
Any suggestions as to what Graphic card , power pack,?extra memory, I do not want to spend more than £600 in total.

Are graphic cards a standard size, will all fit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 637 1,524
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You have a nicely equipped system (LInk to product specs) which includes a 500 watt power supply.

The i5 8400 is a decent gaming processor.

I would get a more RAM (16 GB is good for gaming). You may need one more 8 GB memory module depending on what your PC has now. You could have one 8 GB module or two 4 GB memory modules now.

Dual channel memory should be installed in matching pairs having the same timings and clock speed.

Match RAM per your memory specs at the above specifications link.

Graphics cards come in different lengths and slot coverage.

Pick a graphics card based on what you want to do. Check the power supply requirement for the card and verify the card will fit in your PC. Verify the HP power supply has up to two eight pin PCIE connectors available to power a heavy duty graphics card.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 637 1,524
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You have a nicely equipped system (LInk to product specs) which includes a 500 watt power supply.

The i5 8400 is a decent gaming processor.

I would get a more RAM (16 GB is good for gaming). You may need one more 8 GB memory module depending on what your PC has now. You could have one 8 GB module or two 4 GB memory modules now.

Dual channel memory should be installed in matching pairs having the same timings and clock speed.

Match RAM per your memory specs at the above specifications link.

Graphics cards come in different lengths and slot coverage.

Pick a graphics card based on what you want to do. Check the power supply requirement for the card and verify the card will fit in your PC. Verify the HP power supply has up to two eight pin PCIE connectors available to power a heavy duty graphics card.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation