4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Upgrading my CPU (OMEN HP 880-135nd)

HP Recommended
OMEN HP 880-135nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I want to upgrade my CPU from the i5-8400 that this PC came with, with an i7-7900k.  I have the 880-135nd model and I wanted to ask if my Motherboard is compatible with the i7-9700k before I make my purchase. 

If I can upgrade to the i7-9700k then I know I will have to buy a better CPU cooler. I have been looking around but cannot decide which one is the best for my build. I'm mostly thinking about buying the dark rock 4 pro, NH-D15 or NH-D15s to be able to use the i7-7900k to it's fullest potential. The problem is that I'm not sure if these CPU coolers fit in my case or are compatible with my motherboard.  If these coolers are not compatible with my build than do you have any suggestions? Some advice will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.  

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,611 92,489 11,970 25,523
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Saïd 

There is a list of CPU's supported on the following link

https://support.hp.com/nl-nl/document/c05962167

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Saïd
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for replying but I already knew this. After careful consideration, I have decided to go with the i7-8700k since it's on the list of compatible CPUs for this PC and is pretty much identical when it comes to performance compared to the i7-9700k. My main problem is that I don't know which CPU cooler is compatible with my motherboard and also fits in my case. Furthermore, I want to use the i7-8700k to its fullest potential (overclocking) so it has to be a CPU cooler that can handle this. There is very little information about this online. Can someone please help me? 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation