Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Computer Model: 690-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

unable to restore system HP Model: 690-0024, purchased in Dec 2018 taken out of the box and put into service Fed. 2, 2020, machine worked without issues until April 4 when an automatic update caused a catastrophic system failure tried restoring the system using the retore from the machine that failed also attempted to restore 

Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7)  which also Failed

• Details From the recovery attempt log details:
  • [RegistryDevicesCheck]
    Result=FAILED

FAILED DEVICE #0:
    Description : AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics

• Any suggestion on What I can try next?
    PNPDeviceID : PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_15DD&SUBSYS_8433103C&REV_C6\4&98C7E10&0&0041

• What can I do to prevent this failure and have the system recovered, this issue was caused by an automatic update
    Code : [43]

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hrHi @CJM4

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Disable secure boot and enable legacy mode in bios.

If this does not resolve the issue, then run extensive test

--->Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
--->Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.   
--->On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
--->Click Extensive Test.
--->Click Run once

Share the test results.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Jay_G24 First I'd like to thank you for your response to my post...THANK YOU

I did disable secure boot in bios and ran a HP Cloud recovery in legacy mode however that didn't resolve the issue and W10 wasn't able to load.

I am planning to run an extensive test, as per your message however, as of yet I haven't been able to and don't expect I'll be able to run the test until Friday, 4/17/20. 

I'll let yeah know how I make out. Thanks Again CJM4

HP Recommended

Alright, keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Hello Jay_G24 I finally got the machine up and running. The problem was not hardware as I had expected all along it was software. The problem was resolved by installing a new clean copy of windows nothing that I attempted using the HP tools  to recover the machinge worked to restore and resolved the issues (very dissatisfied with the HP support). As stated earlier, the problem was caused by an automatic upgrade either from W10 or from HP Support not sure which caused the video driver to become corrupt which I suspect caused the problems from the get go. Needless to say but I'll say it anyway, not happy with HP for allowing this issue to occur in the first place , not happy again with the lack of Support from HP as well. However, I am happy I finally was able to finally resolve the issue that did take me 2 weeks to resolve. I do want to thank you again for your interest, insite and followup reqarding my issue. Keep safe <CJM4>

HP Recommended

glad to know that issue is resolved and will also pass on the feedback to the concerned team.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.