Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I do not have a lot of things downloaded to my desk top.  The system is so slow, my old Gateway lap top is faster than my current HP.I have Norton protection and have heard Norton may be the problem.  Any thoughts on this.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello
To be able to answer, it would be necessary to know at least what is the model of the computer.

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support
Then it's slow, ok, but more precisely ..
For example, you open a web page and it takes a long time to load.
Or when you launch a program some time ago before it opens ...
Or any other symptom

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The product name is 22-b38Zds and product number is Z5PO9AA#ABA.  The system is slow to open programs, documents and excel internet , videos, etc. Just slow everything.  I have run the trouble shooting several times no luck. I have 851 GB of space left out of 918.

HP Recommended

@Prométhée 

He is all yours.

The computer is an HP ALL-IN-ONE - 22-B382DS.  The correct product 3 is Z5P09AA.   The character after the P is a ZERO, not the letter capital 0.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@Prométhée,

OK I waited for you to reply !

@mwhughes2 

Old Gateway ?   What CPU speed  (GHz) ?  That way we can compare a Ford to an Edsel. (bad pun, sorry).

lets explain an AIO.   What you have is an Intel Pentium 1.5GHz processor laptop motherboard encased into a monitor chassis. The tip-off was the laptop power brick ! 

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks, yes old Gateway.  I used the old Gateway in Iraq for 27 months in the heat and sand and dust.  Worked like a charm and earned it's retirement.  Still have it and charge it up now and then.  

So I have a laptop on a stand.  Guess I will have to live with it.  Good thing I am semi-retired now.

HP Recommended

Thank you @wb2001 
Sorry I'm not playing deaf, I just got back ..
Having said that a little help would be welcome, I do not understand everything that is said.
The translation is not very good, a few sentences don't make sense

"" I have run the trouble shooting several times no luck ""

did you try this ??

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have run the trouble shooting program by HP and this seemed to help a little.  The excel program and word are slow to load when needed.  Based on the previous comments concerning this problem, I believe I have a low end computer sold by HP through QVC or HSN.  Now that I an retired, except for the occasional part time work I do, this desk top will have to do.  Good thing is I always have my iPad to fall back on.  Thanks for the help!

HP Recommended

I don't quite understand your answer
what I indicated must allow to test the components
this will indicate if there is a hardware problem, but it does not fix the computer
Otherwise it can be boring, but an efficient and a factory reinstallation, if it hasn't been done for a long time.
Or even better, replace the hard drive with an SSD and reinstall Windows on it, it will speed up the computer.

@wb2001   ??

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.