Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer

Just got a new HP all in one computer.  Works great.  BUTTTT  -  it came set up so Windows OneDrive was activated.  It automatically backed up a bunch of files I loaded into the computer and informed me it was running out of room. No surprise, it only provides 5 meg free storage to back up my 500 meg drive!  OF COURSE it runs out of space. So they want me to buy more space.  I tried to remove the files from the OneDrive using the window that they opened showing OneDrive files.  When I deleted the files, it turned out THE ORIGINAL FILES ON MY COMPUTER were deleted!  No explanation. No warning.  I finally found something on the web that answered a complaiint about this. It tookk me quite a while to figure out what happened and to assess the current condition of my hard drive files.  Now I have to reload the files.  I HOPE I was able to turn off the OneDrive automatic backup but am not sure I won't get my computer messed up yet again. PLEASE don't sell any more computers that are booby-trapped by the Microsoft OneDrive process.  At least send it with OneDrive turned off!  If that's impossible, and Microsoft won't fix it, you probably need to move to another OS.  This is rediculous.  I want to buy a computer that works, not one that self-distructs if I don't pay ransom to the OS provider.  I guessd Microsoft likeed the idea of ransomware so much they built it into their OS!  Horrible.  Will make me think twice about buying another HP computer.  At least give me some easy-to- access tech support if you're going to sell computers that NEED tech support just to load fi.  I WAS UNABLE TO CHANGE THE CORRECT BOARD OR PRODUCT - IT WOULDN"T LET ME PICK!  ***bleep*** not it says to correct highlighted errors, but there aren't any!  What a hassle.  I need to write a complaint on this system too! Argh

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.