Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 4 (110 Views)

WINXP Service Pack 3

Product Name: Presario S5000NX
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

I need a download link to WINXP Service Pack 3.

Dean
Message 2 of 4 (95 Views)

Re: WINXP Service Pack 3

Computer Surgeons has the Recovery Kit for a small fee.  It is only WinXP SP1, however.  As far as I know, HP does not provide any downloads for any Windows OS's, so you are at the user's discretion on where to get old OS's.  WinXP also has some different variations for the supposedly same version as OEM is different from retail.  I would assume most of the downloads you actually find will be retail.

I used to have a Compaq reinstall WinXP and it was only the OS and installed fine as a OEM reinstall but do not remember what SP were included.  IMHO. You might be better off getting an old disk from EBay if you really want WinXP SP3

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Provost
Message 3 of 4 (89 Views)

Hi, @BruceGiese :

If you just need the SP3 file (not the entire XP operating system), you can download it from the link below...

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/microsoft_windows_xp_service_pack_3.html

Select the Download@Author's Site link, and that will take you directly to the Microsoft download server.

Highlighted
Dean
Message 4 of 4 (82 Views)

Actually did not read it as @Paul_Tikkanen did.  If his interpretation of the request is correct, then his comment is good.  And much easier.  lol

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation