cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rallychez
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

What is a great PSU upgrade for a HP Envy 750-114?

HP Recommended
HP Envy 750-114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy 750-114 Desktop and need to replace the 300W PSU with an upgrade to a more powerful one.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 GDDR5 192 Bit PCI-Express Video Graphics Card 1GB HDMI.  It has a 6 pin plug into the card that splits into 2 4 pin with 3 wires on each.  I know the card is great but needs more power that the PSU does not have.  Plus the 2 4 pin ends have no where to go.  Please help me out.  Not sure what the factory board and take also.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
RrichardD
Level 3
67 62 3 8
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Rallychez,

Go into purchase parts and service - on the HP main site - then enter your computer detail or get HP site to auto-detect it. Once it does and shows your options/choices, select the spare parts and service listing.

Once there, look for your CPU (Main Processor Chip) - then look at upgrades of that chip. Look closely at the code for your/higher CPUs ... towards the end you will see a power rating: ***W

Now go down to power supplies for Computers/CPU's first matching yours - then the PSU for the higher power CPU units ... specifically looking for those designated 430>460 Watt (325 would be enough from what you same, but 430/460 are the most used/common general standard for DT's /higher power graphics DT's.). Look at and write-down the HP (genuine) part number ... then go to the online pricing section or call a local HP agent/dealer/shop on line.

Madness? Some of my dual Xeon servers run dual 1200 W power supplies, and I expect there are bigger units ... only you need special dedicated power supply (home or office) fused circuits [10>15 Amp ... Domestic/office are 8Amp] before you try turning them on.

For you 430>460 will work great/more than enough - including future CPU upgrade if you decide to do that too. Plenty in reserve/never need another upgrade.

Cheers,

Rick.

0 Kudos
rallychez
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I understand but also can't find what you are telling me.  Is there a measurement size I need to go by to replace or is there a replacement that HP has that will work and fix in the computer? 

HP website tells me I have: 300 W uATX aPFC internal power supply

I know I need at least 400 W.

I want to make sure it will not over power the motherboard as well.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation