Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Touchsmart 420-1000t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HD failure and replaced and There is no sticker found. I then re-install using downloaded win 7 from microsoft, but need to activate windows.

1. where can i find the windows 7 product key of my HP touchsmart?

2. how to contact HP, i can't email them.

3. can i get it from BIOS? (i thought only win 10 stores that information there)

All software to get win product key assumes that windows is still working on a good hard drive.

HP doesn't put the sticker, but doesnt' give the product key, shouldn't it be HP mistakes / problem?

thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unless someone on this forum has the same model as yours, and knows exactly where HP put the key, we can only give you some suggestions.

All PC's that came with W7 should have a W7 COA label with the product key affixed to it somewhere.

Normally, the key is either on the back of the case, and one person that had another Touchsmart all in one with W7, indicated the product key was located underneath the display bezel.  I guess you'd have to basically upend the PC and look at the bottom of the bezel.

There is no way to e-mail HP customer service.  You can contact the HP executive team at the link below.

Or you can call their number in the USA/Canada at:  1 (866) 724-8600

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

I recently contacted HP using the weblink method with a question I had, and I received a case number and a reply within 3 or 4 business days.

Only PC's that came with W8 or newer have the product keys stored in the BIOS.

Worst case scenario, is you will have to order recovery media from this non-HP vendor which would not require a product key.   HP no longer sells recovery media for that model series.

http://www.computersurgeons.com/p-22054-recovery-kit-a5jaaav-for-hp-touchsmart-desktop-pc-model-numb...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.