cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pd5rm
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Windows 10: Unable to use HyperV or Virtual Machine Platform with AMD video driver

HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 705 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't use Windows 10  (May 2020 update, Version 10.0.19041.388) for work purposes as I can't enable  HyperV or 'Virtual Machine Platform' features which are necessary for using either Docker or WSL 2.

Whenever I enable the 'VM' based features, the AMD video driver fails to load, and I have a low resolution display.  I've already updated to latest versions of both video drivers and HP BIOs. See below:

HP BIOS and System Firmware (R06, 09) 02.04.00 Rev.A Jun 8, 2020

AMD Driver: 20.7.2 (7/11/2020 release date)

See my related ticket on WSL project at: https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/5662

Someone else had this same exact issue back in April 2020 with an Elitebook 735 G5. There were no responses there and post was closed.

Is there anyway to reach HP support about this? This is either an HP BIOS issues (most probably) or an AMD driver issue.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation