Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6674y

Pavilion p6674y running windows 7, 6g ram, 1tb drive just wanting to know if I can upgrade this desktop to windows 10.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC is close to 10 years old. Updating to the latest version of W10 can be problematic.

One would have to check all hardware on your PC to see if there are issues.

I would clone the existing operating system to a new HDD or SSD.

Then try the update to W10 on the cloned HDD to see what happens. BTW, the update should still be free if you do it at this Microsoft site (Link). Use the update assistant.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi, @WCS1 

Below is the link to the product specs for your PC.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02481326

I am pretty sure that  the onboard AMD Radeon HD 4200 graphics adapter has no driver support for W10.

You may have to invest in a cheap legacy video card if you want to upgrade.

Nothing newer than a Radeon HD 6xxx series or Nvidia GT 6xx series.

The Ralink wifi adapter your PC has may also not work.

Usually they completely disappear from the device manager on the last couple of W10 builds.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Legacy hardware issues will kill a W10 update.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.