Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15m-dr1012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Screenshot (5).pngScreenshot (6).png
From above screenshot you can see all the service host services eating too much ram and total ram utilization is 85%, when I took this screenshot. But it will be 100% without opening any single software. this is too much didn't expected this quality from windows 10 and HP. After having i7 10th gen, 12 gb of RAM. If it still working like this I don't know how much ram guys require to run windows 10. I have tried all solution from internet tried it for days nothing seems to works.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@akshay0804 

Your comments about usage and your screenshots conflict. 

If you look at the details, most of those processes are using ZERO percent and the few that use anything, add up to around 1% -- a long way from the 85% you claim. 

Clearly, something else is using the CPU, not those processes. Sort the processes by CPU usage and see what is at the top.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello
I don't understand your answer @WAWood 
the question is about the amount of RAM used.
and indeed, we can clearly see at the top 84%, I guess that is the question of @akshay0804 

That said indeed, we can not see everything here, except Vlc, and the antivirus (nb, depending on the one used, it can already use a lot of memory)

It would also be useful to have this

Annotation 2020-05-20 194652.png

Annotation 2020-05-20 194758.png

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello Sir thanks for you reply. I am attaching screenshot that you mentioned, and regarding vlc and antivirus please note that event if I don't open any of the application , after 1 hour only background process eats upto 99% of RAM and then laptop hangs.
Screenshot (9).png

HP Recommended

@Prométhée 

The OP claims the service host tasks are eating up most of the RAM -- and the screenshots clearly show that is NOT the case.  

@akshay0804 

As mentioned, you need to look at the tasks again and this time, sort them by CPU to see what is using up the bulk of the RAM. 

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

This is what you have to check for memory!
click on memory in order to have the most greedy first
You can also right click on it, at the bottom value of resources in% it gives this:

Annotation 2020-05-21 225711.png
I am personally at 23% use here!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello , After googling for 1 day constantly nothing worked for me. I tried to group svshost processes in result count reduced to 30 process, which was earlier like 84 or 82. But one strange thing which I found is , RAM usage is increased at every second. It don't stop even If my laptop is in sleep mode. I am attaching picture after 3 hour of usage. I am planning to re-install windows 10 1603 as I hear that version didn't included this svshost processes. Please give me some suggestions. Screenshot (10).png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.