Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
h8-1360t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows just had an update which reset my desktop wall paper, icons and task bar among  a few others. I also cannot open any jpeg photo. Microsoft Photo is non existent even though it says it's there. when I try to open a photo I get an error "File system error (-2147219196) I looked it up and followed all the instructions but nothing changed.

Any other advise?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ImSean 

You can try resetting the MS Photo app, as follows:

Resetting the Photos app will wipe the app's cache and reset all its data to default settings. To do this, right-click the Start menu and go to “Apps and Features.” Next, scroll down to “Photos” in the list and click it, then click “Advanced options,” and in the next window click “Reset.”

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

No luck in that solution. Sorry 😞

I lost my Calculator as well..What did Microsoft do?????

HP Recommended

@ImSean 

There are now reports coming out about KB4532693 causing troubles like this on some PCs.

You can check if that update got applied to yours by opening Settings --> Update and Security --> Windows Update --> view update history.

If it did, then remove that update.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I'm so afraid to even remove that update which is the one you mentioned. When it did update...it changed my wallpaper...most of my settings such as fonts and preferences. It deleted some of the apps installed and made the music program I was using to create music track useless. I may just end up buying a whole new PC which is what I think Microsoft had set up for people to do...That's why they released a very very broken update! I had done what I could to fix the screw ups that Microsoft had done excpet for a few. But I'm too nervous to revert back before that update. I've installed a program to view my jpegs but my calculator does not work as well as the music program. I can just use the calculator on my phone if need be....but from all the updates Microsoft released, I have never had any issues until that update.....Who do they have working at Microsoft these days???? 😛

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.