Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Installed HP updates, then Windows 10 wouldn't boot up. System won't let me uninstall updates. Did system restore to date before updates, but Windows still won't start up. Any advice other than complete restore?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You installed HP updates. Windows does not start, any error messages?

You did a system restore with negative results, how did you do a system restore (please describe) if you can't start Windows? In this case I am aware of two methods to do a Microsoft system restore; using a Windows recovery disk or the repair option using W10 installation media.

I need to know these facts. Need more information in order to assist you, if possible.

You could have a coincidental hardware problem or a bad HPSA BIOS update. Did you run boot time HP hardware diagnostics, can you get to the BIOS, does the PC POST correctly?

Check hardware if possible.

Tap "ESC" at startup, select "F2". Run system tests.

Regards

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I tried running HP update. It did a bios update (and appeared to be at least downloading other updates. Not sure if any of them were partially applied).  After reboot I can't get into windows 10.  I've tried all of the restore/reinstall options. I tried to boot in safe mode. I tried to install latest BIOS via flash drive.

I've put the latest UEFI tool on USB drive and have run all possible diagnostics. No errors found.

I can get into BIOS and I can get to a command prompt but not sure what to do to try to fix anything. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.