HWW-WT
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Windows 10 won't wake up after sleep

HP Recommended
Probook 4510s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day, folks. My laptop with Win10 Professional went to sleep and when I pressed the power button again; nothing happened, the screen is blank, it acccessed the DVD a few times, the CAP key light turned on and off three times, and that's about it. The screen remains blank and I did not see any disk activity at all.

When I pressed the power key a few seconds to turn off the laptop, once I release the button, the laptop auto powers up again but with the same situation as above. I even try to put a Windows recovery CD in, and it accesses the CD a few times, and then go back to the above situation again, i.e. blank screen, no disk activity, nothing.

I cannot see or type anything at all. I even attach a second monitor just to suspect the LCD screen is dead but nothing shows up on the second monitor either. So I cannot shutdown the laptop, except when I take out the battery and power cord.

Wonder if this is a hardware problem or software problem that can be corrected.

Thank you.

HW

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation