Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello. Firstly I'm apologize for my bad English. 
Recently I installed Windows 8.1 Corporative Preview on my HP Pavilion dv7-7005er with ISO-image from USB-flash disc. 
Now i want to backup to my Windows 7 Home Premium (I have Recovery HDD with the files) but don't have a HP Recovery Manager to use it. 
Is there any possibility to backup from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7? Or where can I get the Recovery Manager for Windows 8.1?
Hope someone will help me as fast as possible.

HP Recommended

Hi Imperast  Did you make the recovery disks when you had Windows 7 installed? I don't see a download for recovery manager for Windows 8.1 for your system. If you have the recovery files still on your hard drive this document should work for you.

Find the section "Recovery from the startup screen (during system boot)"
Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 7):
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336119 (Link Updated 4/25/2017)

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

my hp laptop model is hp pavalion g6-2016tx. it originally came with windows 7, i upgraded it to windows 8.

i could'nt find any bluetooth driver which are compatable for my laptop. now i want recover my lappy with the recover disc's, which i made initially. i dont have recovery manager driver in my laptop. can i find the recovery manager driver and can i restore my laptop back to normal.

waiting for a reply.....

HP Recommended

Hi vasanthnanduri. You should be able to use the 'boot time' recovery method to recover without the Windows software installed. Let me know how that works out for you.

See the section "Different ways to launch Recovery Manager"
Using System Recovery, Factory Reset and Minimized Image Recovery Options
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02638587

As a side note: Your notebook does have Windows 8.0 Bluetooth drivers available.
HP Pavilion g6-2016tx Notebook PC Drivers (Windows 8.0):
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5239...

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

my windows8 recovery manager  not came  back   from   jason

HP Recommended

wie kann ich den Recovery Manager für windows 8 starten?

Oder kann ich den irgendwo herunterladen?

HP Recommended

i didnt know and then deleted the hp recovery, so what should i do to get back the hp recovery then i can recover my lap hp again. thanks

HP Recommended

i did not have that program at my computer and i have orginal copy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.