bailey85
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Windows automatic repair

HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Gaming desktop 690-00xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi hoping someone can help. I received Hp Pavilion Gaming desktop 690-00xx on Tuesday and since then I've had to factory reset it twice, the first time there was some weird graphic glitch so I restarted the computer and automatic repair started, came up with the error Windows cannot repair  c:windows\System32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail.txt the second time was due to my electric tripping whilst the PC was on, again automatic repair started and the same error. I spent about 2 hours last night following all the different steps that I could find to repair it to no avail and I had to factory reset it it again. I cannot keep a computer that's going to have to be factory reset every time the power goes or if there's a error that normally restarting the computer would fix . My old Windows 10 PC never entered automatic repair when the power trips or if there was a glitch of some sort, can disable automatic repair as it seems that's what's causing the problems. it's a really good computer when it's working but if I have go through all this again. I'm going to have to send it back because I can't keep a computer that requires a factory reset twice a week. 

2 REPLIES 2
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,786 6,769 639 1,531
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Test your PC's hardware by running boot time (link to instructions) HP Diagnostics. Look at "Run tests when Windows doesn't start".

The next time try booting to a W10 USB installation USB stick.

Select "Troubleshoot", "Advanced Options".

Select "Commend Prompt".

Execute the following commands:

bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd 

bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot.

Then run the following command on the boot drive:

chkdsk /r c

I can see a power outage causing a problem. But maybe your HDD and/or installed system memory have issues. So you should run  full boot time HP Diagnostics to eliminate a hardware problem.

Regards

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,971 577 1,703
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I received Hp Pavilion Gaming desktop 690-00xx on Tuesday [6 days ago].

> I'm going to have to send it back ...

Yes, send it back, after contacting HP Support, to open a claim against the HP Warranty.

If you had bought a brand-new automobile, you would not be expected to fix all its original problems.

Similarly, you should not be expected to try various diagnostics on your brand-new computer.

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation