Did you mean: 
eloff87
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows nyckel efter fabriksåterställning

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Har gjort en fabriksåterställning, men noterade aldrig windows-nyckeln. Går det få tag i en ny Windows 8 nyckel. Återställningen och ominstallationen har fungerat i övrigt.

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
135,129 124,485 20,718 31,808
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your PC came with Windows 8 or 8.1 the product key should be in the BIOS' firmware.

You can use this free utility that I zipped up and attached below, to see the Windows product key and the version of Windows the key is good for.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
MayS
732 731 18 78
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @eloff87 !

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community.

We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community. This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

@Paul_Tikkanen Thank you for answering! 

Regards,

MayS. 

I work on behalf of HP.
itsmyname
Level 8
2,002 1,989 75 210
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@eloff87 -- it is nice that a user of Microsoft Edge can highlight some text, and then right-mouse-button click, and select "translate [from Swedish] to English", to show:

‎Have done a factory reset, but never noted the windows key.

Can I get a new Windows 8 key.

The recovery and reinstallation have worked otherwise.‎

I suppose that the Swedish version of Microsoft Edge will have a "oversetter til Svensk" option ?

When you check your fresh installation, does your computer's "settings" show it is activated?

As the Other Person wrote, you do not need a new product-key.

When you initially "activated" Windows, it "called home" to send your product-key to Microsoft.

When you reload Windows, it will again "call home" to retrieve the product-key, if it cannot find the product-key embedded in the BIOS. This "embedding" was a feature that was added for new computers that were factory-installed with Windows 8  or 10 -- not for Windows 7.

Also, do a Google-search for: windows powershell product key

Windows 10 has a built-in utility (using PowerShell) to display the product-key -- no need to download/unzip/run anything.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation