Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a friend that has the above keyboard and mouse (MG-0637T) that came with his HP computer.

The mouse works fine however the keyboard is not working at all. 

I have done the following:

changed the batteries,

pressed the connect button on the bottom of the keyboard and on the little USB wireless guy that is plugged into the back of the computer,

changed to 3 different USB ports

tried the keyboard and mouse on a different computer

and still ... to no avail, the keyboard is NOT working.  The mouse works just fine.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to try!

Thanks in advance!

Robin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Luv, you have done a great job of troubleshooting and explaining it to us.  I suggest using another wired keyboard to uninstall/reinstall any software that may have come with the keyboard/mouse.  Sometimes this will solve the problem.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Luv, you have done a great job of troubleshooting and explaining it to us.  I suggest using another wired keyboard to uninstall/reinstall any software that may have come with the keyboard/mouse.  Sometimes this will solve the problem.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank You Geekster for your response!   

I told the friend that he would be better to get a new Mouse and Keyboard (well also a new computer) since they all are over 6 years old.   Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanksss

HP Recommended

I have the HP Wireless KG-0636 Keyboard which came in a bundle with a cordless mouse. I've just upgraded my desktop to a HP p7-1157c with Windows-7, but still use my old cordless mouse & keyboard. The mouse works fine, but the keyboard isn't working right. For instance, when I backspace, the cursor appears to remain where it was, but if I then start typing, the characters appear where I backspaced to. Do I need a new driver or something? HP's website is no help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.