Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 24-g020

When I bought this all-in-one, I did not know it doesn't have storage. Everything now goes to one drive (pics, software i purchase, docs....). I bought 256gb jump drive - i went to settings to default automatic storage options from one drive to jump drive - however whenever I press apply (changes) my PC reverts back to one-drive. This sucks- can't use my computer for work-which is why i purchased it.  I do commercial building inspections and take 1000's of pictures a month. I do not want one drive - don't want a monthly storage fee for life. Do not want other cloud based storage option for same reason. I think I may have addressed everything. Thanks - please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your PC was delivered with an intenal 1TB hard disk.

From your description of the issue, it sounds as if you or somone else has inadvertently made some setting that have the default save location set to OneDrive.

The following web page shows how to make the change in Windows 10 settings to allow setting of your preferred save location.

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disable-windows-10-from-using-onedrive-as-the-default-save-location/

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Your PC was delivered with an intenal 1TB hard disk.

From your description of the issue, it sounds as if you or somone else has inadvertently made some setting that have the default save location set to OneDrive.

The following web page shows how to make the change in Windows 10 settings to allow setting of your preferred save location.

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disable-windows-10-from-using-onedrive-as-the-default-save-location/

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you- it worked. I read through everything (all PC literature) it said - no memory, however when I am in settings I see I have 914GB - I assume 1000 GB is TB? Okay - I am liking my PC better. I'm working on disabling onedrive later...maybe. Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.