Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new computer crashes every day and now it says I need to load an operating system Will I have to reload the operating system every month ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@frank11111 

First thing you should do is press the Esc key repeatedly while rebooting and when the HP Startup Menu appears, select the option to run diagnostics.  That will find out if there are hardware failures with the PC.

Since we can do nothing to diagnose or repair your PC ourselves, then While this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about troubleshooting and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet to check out the problems.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (650) 857-1501.

You can also try contacting Tech Support directly using 1 (800) 474-6836.

If they are unable to fix your PC, then you need to explore what options you have to get it replaced under the warranty.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Yea I know all that and Hp has still done nothing to help me Ive even taken the computer to the shop HP told me to and three days after that all they can tell me now is they are not sure if they work with HP they told me today that after having my computer for a couple of days they will tell me tomorrow if they even service HP warranty work so My best hope is my discover card who will refund me my money and I can buy a computer that works and has real service under the guaranty !

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information such as serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.