Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillon 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

Recovery

Your PC needs to be repaired

The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.

File: \Boot\BCD
Error code: 0xc000000f

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don't have any installation media(like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.

I need you help as I don't have a recovery CD because I updated Windows 8.1 (in my computer packaage)  to Windows 10 .

Thanks in advance.

Best rgds

Roland

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Turn your computer off.

Turn your computer on, and immediately tap/tap/tap on the 'F8' key.

Hopefully, you will see a "system repair" menu, and there will be an option to "repair" your system.

HP Recommended

Hi,

On a different computer download the media creation tool and create a bootable drive with Windows 10 on it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Make sure to choose the same edition already installed on your PC. Once you have the pendrive with windows 10, boot with this drive from the computer which does not work. (You might need to change boot order in BIOS). Accept the licence agreement and in th Window where it says install, in the bottom left corner, there will be the option to repir this PC. Click on this and then go to advanced options, here perform "Startup repair" which should fix this problem.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Thank you,

I did a mix of the two proposition and it did work.

Best rgds

Roland

HP Recommended

I have not changed anything or added anything to my tablet. It suddenly said my PC needed repair.

And I could longer use my tablet.

HP Recommended

WHat is the F8 key/

HP Recommended

> What is the F8 key?

It is the labelled key on your keyboard between the 'F7' and the 'F9' keys.

Click: http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/4969912_keyboard_gif873a0eb196dd921fd00ea358011b7c82

-----------

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended

Hi

I forgot my password of my hp laptop so I cannot access it. What can I do?

best regards,

Samkele

HP Recommended

@loqo wrote:

I forgot my password of my hp laptop so I cannot access it. What can I do?

Please see your other question: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/I-forgot-my-laptop-password-and-I-don-t-know-h...

rather than asking your question on this "old" thread.

HP Recommended

Can you tell me exactly what you did. Because i have the same problem you had. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.