Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (98 Views)

crashed hard drive

Product Name: pavilion d5200

hard drive went bad ,ok got a new  and got os win 10 after I loaded  the os from a different computor

I installed it in the other computor and turn on the power and nothing  happens screen dont light up ,the only thing that happens is the fans come on and thats it ..........

what up dont get it

Dean
Message 2 of 3 (72 Views)

Re: crashed hard drive

If I understand the process you used, it sounds as though the other computer installed the windows 10 on the hard drive and then the hard drive was moved to the computer in question.  If that is correct, then that is the reason it does not work.  It will be easy to fix, however.  Go to Microsfot Windows 10 download:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Scroll down to the "Download tool now" button, but first read the "Using tool to create installation media"

Then reinstall Windows 10 on the new hard drive while in the expected host of the new drive.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (60 Views)

Re: crashed hard drive

Thank you for input.I'll give it a shot hopefully I can get it to work.

I'll let you know how it goes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation