Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

download windows 10 home on my HP desktop pc problem

Compaq Persario
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I downloaded windows 10 from Microsoft flash drive and now the screen display  is wider than normal  which causes my app short cuts to be part off the screen on the left side. I rebooted the pc but nothing changed! I need to know how to adjust the display to normal like before the download.

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
104,593 98,566 15,345 23,588
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You probably need to install the applicable graphics driver for your specific model notebook.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
19,471 17,386 1,615 3,811
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@waterboy2 

From what I recall, Presarios did not come with Win10 preinstalled but instead, came with Win7.

If this was the case with yours, the problem is most likely that the default display driver now installed with Win10 is not working properly for your PC -- and you require a different driver, as indicated by @Paul_Tikkanen 

Unfortunately, HP might not actually supply Win10 drivers for your PC -- so you would need to provide us the specific model number so that can be checked.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation