Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavillion media center M370n
Microsoft Windows XP

Ok this is my problem I was having the cpu fan error for while but my computer reboot after pressing the F2 then it keep turnign off not rebooting after pressing F2 so I went ahead and restore the system after copping all the files the system sugested to reboot so the files could be installed, after that the fan error came on , then after pressing F2 it started to get ready to install files but later the purple code came up and i am stuck there because don't know what todo next please help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Cristos 

First off, you can't save off an OS by simply copying files because there are a host of hidden files and folders you will not see to copy.

Second, HP has not carried Recovery Media for XP-model PCs for some years now, nor has anyone else.  So basically, you have an old system for which now, you will not be able to find OS media to use to restore it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.