Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
6300 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I just bought used unit and the hdd faulty. Need to get a new hdd to install window 7 pro version, as per the license sticker on the pc. I don't have any cd or recovery media on hand.

Thanks and pls advise.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I assume when you say the HDD is faulty, you ran the diagnostics routine from the popup menu, F2.  If not here is how to do that

To run the Diagnostics routine, start tapping the Esc key and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows. Then pick Diagnostics from that popup menu, F2.
Report back with the results.

Assuming what you are asking is where to get the Windows 7 install disk?  If the hard drive does pass the F2 diagnostics, then the Recovery Messenger may be able to give you the DVD.  Unless this is a refurb.  Refurb units typically have Windows Pro installed and the HP Recovery partition is gone.  In that case, see  if this will work for you.  I haven't tries it lately and it might have been taken down

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

You will need the Windows 7 Pro choice, if that is what you want or you can also use the Windows 7 Home Premium.

In order to get the OS up-to-date, it will be a chore since Windows 7 is not longer supported, but do-able.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

reply 2,  different old boomer, ex NAM. boomer.

8 year old PC not that old  8 years new.

why in the  world run w7 now, it is a virus magnet now and every day forward, why?

the old ISO needs over 400 updates that will take a week to finish, not me not ever again.

w10 is free to get at mS

and free to run for 30 whole days.

and only $5 sold OEM lic Pro on EBAY ,  buy it get it run it and DO NOT LOOK back.   Gen2, intel Core i7-3770 processor:

MS wants you on w10 why buck that?  the want to sell stuff to you in the MS store, mines turned off,  (O&O no spy ) and start 10 loaded .

my cost is $10 for all that.

just get the ISO builder w10 from MS.  google that, run it. boot from USB thumb drive.

put SSD in that old PC the HDD is no good this old.

forget w7 forever is best, no better answer exists. (zero ms support)

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.