cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

how do i install a ssd into my hp elite 8200 sff

HP Recommended
hp elite 8200 sff
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a hp elite 8200 sff 

specs

intel core i5 2400

gt 1030

1 tb hdd

i want to install a ssd into my pc

how do i do it without removing the hdd

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
25,486 25,419 2,331 5,524
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tebbieboi 

I'm not sure what you really want to do regarding the SSD.

To add an SSD to your PC, since it already has two internal drive bays, you simply add a second SATA data cable, connect the SSD to that, and connect one of the leads from a power cable to it. That will  give power and data access to the SSD.

But, it is a BLANK disk, so you would then, after rebooting back into Windows, format the drive, creating at least one partition on it.

After that, when you reboot the PC, the SSD will be assinged a drive letter and you will be able to use it in Windows.

However, if by "install" you mean something completely different -- migrate your OS setup and apps from the HDD to the SSD -- that is a much more difficult procedure, and if THAT is what you want to do, you need to tell us that.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation