02-22-2020 07:47 AM
load library failed with error 1114: a dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed
this problem has been shown frequently after trying of updating amd graphic please help me out with it .
well my laptop is hp pv davilion 6
02-25-2020 03:53 PM
@amanjswl123 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are getting the load library failed with error 1114 message.
Do not worry. Let's work together and get this issue addressed.
To fix the LoadLibrary error 1114, you can follow these steps to change the Switchable Dynamic Graphics settings:
- Search Control Panel in the search box on your desktop, click Control Panel to open it.
- Click Power Options.
- Click Change plan settings in your selected preferred plan (in my case I click Change plan settings next to High performance).
- Click Change advanced power settings.
- The Power Options pane will pop up. Scroll down and double click Switchable Dynamic Graphics to expand it.
- Double click Global Settings.
- Choose Maximize performance for both On battery and Plugged in. then click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Go on with the operation that gave you the LoadLibrary 1114 error and see if it works.
A missing or outdated graphics card driver can also result in the LoadLibrary 1114 error. So you should keep your graphics card driver up to date.
Please update the graphics driver.
If you’re using NVIDIA graphics card or AMD graphics card, there’s one more thing you can do: set your graphics card for the application to High Performance.
For AMD graphics card:
- Right click on the empty area on your desktop, then select AMD Control Center (or Configure Switchable Graphics).
- Click Browse, and add the application that was giving you the error to the application list, then choose High Performance for that application.
For NVIDIA graphics card:
- Right click on the empty area on your desktop, then click NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Click Manage 3D Settings from the menu on the left.
- Click the Program Settings tab, then click Add to add the application that was giving your LoadLibrary 1114 error.
- Change the preferred graphics processor to High-performance processor.
Then restart your computer and see if the error has been fixed.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!