Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
model H8-1417c
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

received this message "Stop Code: System Service Exception"  After the computer rebooted, I can't find my personal files.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@tony1-_c

Welcome to HP support community.

Solution 1: Perform a Virus Check

Solution 2: Uninstall Specific Program 

Sometimes the stop code system service exception happens on Windows 10/8/7 after installing particular applications. Disabling or uninstalling them is useful.

Just do this work targeting the following programs:

· McAfee (turn it off, not uninstall) 

· Webcam (disable it) 

· BitDefender and Cisco VPN (remove) 

· Virtual CloneDrive 

· Xsplit and MSI Live Update 

· Asus GameFirst Service 

· Etc.

Solution 3: Update Your Drivers

When receiving the blue screen system service exception stop code, you should consider that the cause of this issue is the incompatible drivers. Windows updates might keep drivers up-to-date but this doesn’t mean Windows always uses the correct and latest drivers.

So, the solution is to install the latest drivers. Follow the instructions below:

Step 1: Press Win and R, input devmgmt.msc in the textbox of the Run dialog and click OK.

Step 2: After entering the Device Manager interface, find the drivers (including video card drivers and sound card drivers) that have a yellow alert symbol attached to it. Then, right-click each problem-driver to choose Update driver.
Step 3: Let your Windows search automatically for updated driver software. Wait patiently until the process finishes.

Solution 4: Run System File Checker 

If there are corrupted system files, system service exception on startup might happen in Windows 10/8/7. The next thing that you can do is to run a scan with System File Checker that is a built-in tool for fixing various problems including blue screen of death errors.

Step 1: Input cmd in the Windows search box.

Step 2: Right-click Command Prompt to run it as an administrator.

Step 3: Type sfc /scannow in the CMD window and press Enter.

From the following figure, you can see this tool is beginning a system scan. Please wait for some time and exit cmd after finishing verification 100%

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.