Did you mean: 
BeeCakes
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

media player no longer identifies songs, album information etc

HP Recommended
Pavilion

When I load a music CD the album information does not automatically fill in. It used to do that.

When I rip the CD I have to fill the information myself. Media Player has a message that it doesn't do that.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,636 32,536 2,958 7,267
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BeeCakes 

Sorry no one responded to your  post yet -- but it's probably because we have no way whatsoever to debug issues with Microsoft apps -- one of which is Windows Media Player.  MS is constantly changing these, in some cases, even removing long-standing features -- and tells no one about the details.

For assistance with this, you need to contact Microsoft to see what help they can provide -- or better yet, STOP using Windows Media Player and switch to something more useful and versatile -- like VidelLAN Media Player -- which you can get from here:  https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation